Talking Climate Change & Sustainable Touring: A Recorded Webinar
Posted by rpm
Whether you’re playing clubs, theaters, or stadiums, there are ways that you can make your tour more eco-friendly. Here are some best practices and resources, including a recorded webinar with industry leaders, sample green riders and links to more information. As always, RPM is always ready to help you implement any of these strategies.
The EnviroRider– Designed to help agents and production managers communicate with venues on sustainable action items.
The EnviroTour Guide– A guide for artists and managers who want to implement sustainable production for their shows.
(send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org for an editable version of the EnviroRider or EnviroTour Guide)
Hosted by Deyden Tethong and Jessica George with guest speakers:
Founder and CEO of Julie’s Bicycle
- Resources section including practical guides for e.g. touring, sustainable audience travel, communicating sustainability, and also (for festivals and venues you might be working with) waste and water management at outdoor events, energy and waste management in buildings and many more. Some of them will be written more from a UK perspective but the core principles are universally relevant.
- Case studies
- Julie’s Bicycle version of a Green Rider
Kim Johnson & Jessica Scheeter
Kim is Manager of Jack Johnson and the co-founder of Johnson Ohana Charitable Foundation and Kōkua Hawaiʻi Foundation.
Jessica Scheeter serves as Non-Profit Coordinator for Jack Johnson’s All At Once Community and is the Executive Director of Johnson Ohana Charitable Foundation.
- Jack Johnson Greening & Impact Results.
- Best Practices for tour greening from Jack Johnson.
- All At Once Non-Profit Partners.
- Reverb Farm Programs.
- Plastic Pollution Coalition “Tour Plastic Free” guide.
Mike Martin & David Lewis
Mike is Founder & CEO of EFFECT Partners, and David serves as the Chief Operating Officer.
- GreenNotes: Cutting edge resources for musicians and nonprofits to promote change in four core areas: the environment, food, homelessness, and hunger. @gogreennotes | gogreennotes.com
Effect Partners | @effectpartners | effectpartners.com
Michael Martin | email@example.com | @mminmm
David Lewis | firstname.lastname@example.org | @davidtlewis